LOT 31 at the APG Gold Coast Sale on 28th January is by the freakishly fast stallion Ride High 1.49 from the A Rocknroll Dance mare Gleniss Mama.
The filly is a tall athletically built youngster with a great attitude to want to “get on with it.”
Ride High is arguably the fastest ever son of Champion sire Art Major bred anywhere in the world. When you look at the pedigree page of lot 31 you can see the influence that Art Major has already had on this Family with two outstanding young horses in Our Major Mama 1.55.6 and Major Perry 1.55.6.
This filly, lot 31 , is also from a Family (the Blackwatch Family) that produces dominant Females on the racetrack:
- Our Major Mama 1.55.6 – WA Oaks winner.
- Katy Perry 1.51.1 – 23 wins and Australian 2 year old Filly of the Year.
- Rocknroll Mama 1.53.5 – 12 wins $112,268
- Megaera 1.56.8 (the 4th Dam) – NZ 2 year old Filly of the Year.
There are lots of racing options with this girl as well as she is VicBred , Q Bred and Bathurst and Breeders Crown Eligible.
Ride High is arguably one of the best bred and fastest sons of Art Major bred anywhere in the World.
His dam and granddam were sired by the Champion USA 2 year olds in Live Or Die and Presidential Ball respectively. His maternal Family has no peers in Australia at this time.
Has there ever been a horse bred in Australia with such breath taking point to point speed.
We all remember that cold August night in 2020 when he scorched the Bendigo (5/8ths) track in 1.49. What could he have run at The Red Mile in Lexington on a warm spring or summer day – at least 1.47 if not faster.
Lets recap the amazing career – 18 starts, 16 wins including the 2018 3 Year Old Breeders Crown defeating Poster Boy, Colt Thirty One, Ignatius and Tam Major.
His speed was consistent and extreme.
- In 9 of his 16 wins he ran his last quarter in 26.8 or better including 25.7 final quarters at Melton and Kilmore as a 3 year old.
- In 11 of his 16 wins he paced his last half in 55 or better, 7 in better than 54 and on 20th June 2020 a final half at Melton in 52.7.
The yearlings that are represented at 2024 Sales in Australia represent the debut crop of Ride High.
“An emphatic win!”
Watch Ride High’s win in the Group 1 Breeders Crown 3YO C&G Final