“Rock N Roll Heaven is gifted with gait, intelligence, attitude, conformation and pedigree. He is a special horse, but he is not unique. He doesn’t eat peppermints and doesn’t drink beer. He is just a great horse.”
So said his North American trainer Bruce Saunders.
Rock N Roll Heaven’s resume boasts:
- 30 starts , 20 wins and 6 second placings .
- USTA 3 year old Pacing Colt of the Year and Horse of the Year in 2010.
- The richest son of Rocknroll Hanover bred in North America with earnings of $2,774,478
The 2010 season is maybe just a memory now, but as a reminder Rock N Roll Heaven really defined his racetrack career on that third Thursday in September that year ……. at the Delaware, Ohio track on Little Brown Jug day.
His first Heat win came in 1.49.4 to equal the then current half mile track world record set two years earlier by the mighty Somebeachsomewhere. Some two hours later he repeated the effort, winning the second and final Heat in the exact same time of 1.49.4 to establish a new two heat world record.
“Rock N Roll Heaven’s win was spectacular and unbelievable and I was emotionally impressed” said Bruce Saunders recalling that day.
Rock N Roll Heaven was bred to be spectacular.
- He was raised at the famous Hunterton Farm in Lexington , Kentucky.
- He was sired by the world’s first sub 1.50 Two Year Old in Rocknroll Hanover.
- His dam was by the world’s greatest ever Broodmare sire Artsplace.
- His dam Artistic Vision 1.50.4 won $644,620 on the racetrack and was voted a USA Broodmare of the Year.
- He is a rasmussen bred horse with his 4th Dam T M I being a full sister to No Nukes, the great grandsire of Rocknroll Hanover.
The Impressive Siring Statistics
In Australia Rock N Roll Heaven has sired 1073 foals of racing age including this season’s 2 year old crop. As at the 4th of October 2023 he has:
- 587 starters for 445 winners.
- Average earnings per starter of $57,485, which compares better or favourably with all leading stallions.
- Total earnings of Australian bred progeny of $33,744,000.
- 17 Group One winners (plus another 3 in NZ)
From those 445 winners, he is the sire of:
- 103 $100,000+ earners including 29 $250,000+ earners and 5 $500,000+ earners.
- 30 of the $100,000+ earners are fillies and 9 of the $250,000+ earners are fillies.
If we delve deeper into his progeny we can see tha the broodmare sires of those 103 $100,000+ earners are:
- 34 x Artsplace/Abercrombie line
- 27 x Cam Fella line
- 16 x Direct Scooter line
- 15 x No Nukes line
This season’s stars
Swayzee is one of the few pacers to defeat Leap To Fame and he did so in the Group 1 Blacks A Fake.
Meanwhile Rock N Roll Doo has returned to his explosive best with a win in the Group 1 Len Smith Mile.
He will be looking to defend his Victoria Cup title next weekend.
Add in the stakes winning two year old Balboa Rock (winner of the $156,000 Albion Park Gold final) and Rock N Roll Heaven is on track for another great season.
Rock N Roll Heaven is available to breeders this season for $7,000 (incl GST) in Australia and $6,500 (plus GST) in New Zealand – multiple mare discounts apply.
ROCK N ROLL DOO – THE REIGNING VICTORIA CUP WINNER